If you’ve read some of our previous posts, you know how much we love useless surveys and lists.
Online travel company Expedia recently surveyed more than 4,000 hoteliers, asking their opinions about the best and worst travel traits and habits of various nationalities. Expedia chose hoteliers, because: “Hoteliers are the experts when it comes to interacting with tourists.” Uh huh.
- Complain most about accommodations: Americans, Germans, French
- Best fashion sense: Italians, French
- Worst fashion sense: Americans
- Overall best tourists: Japanese, Germans, British
- Best at learning a few local words: Americans
- Least likely to use a few local words: French, Chinese, Japanese
- Least interest in local food: Chinese, Indians, Japanese
- Most “fiscally conservative” (we assume this means cheap): French, Dutch, British
- Tidiest (leave those hotel rooms clean): Germans, Japanese, British
- Most generous (we assume this means tips): Americans, Canadians, Russians
- Noisiest: Americans, Italians, British