Since everybody is getting in the game, we thought we’d play too. Here are our 2008 Travel Resolutions.
- We will always attempt to travel with only carry-on bags.
- We’ll keep a food and wine diary – both written and photo.
- Outside the cities, we will never again depend on foreign public transportation (we’d be happy to never ride a bus again in our lives).
- We will never intentionally go to Europe (or most anywhere) in summer.
- We might consider sampling a cruise – a very small one that stops at a lot of interesting ports.
- We will find an international cell-phone chip that really works.
- We will not hoard frequent flyer miles, but use them often.
- Being pescetarians (yea, it’s a word; here’s the Wikipedia definition), we’ll always bring food on the airplane.
- We will save all boarding passes, receipts, and other travel documents after our travel ends.
Have a great 2008. Painting by Francesca.